This webinar will give all the necessary tools to know how to properly process federal and state unemployment taxation and how you can reduce cost for unemployment taxation for your employer. In a day that employers are always looking for ways to reduce cost this webinar will give you tips to reduce taxation burdens.
For years the only changes payroll professionals had to worry about was normal rate changes for state unemployment each year. But in recent years the IRS has made updates to the federal Form 940 and states are in a much different position financially regarding unemployment benefits. Because several states are faced with depleted funds, changes are occurring on payroll unemployment taxes.
• Understanding who and what earnings are subject to unemployment taxes
• A review of FUTA tax rate and tax depositing
• Discuss Form 940 changes and common mistakes made
• How FUTA & SUTA interact and why it is important to understand
• Discussion on the status of the state unemployment system and how it will affect your job in the coming years
• How the determine the correct SUI State
• Details of the FUTA Credit Reduction states for 2017
• What is the SIDES program and what its impact will be
• How to reduce and maintain your SUI rates
Dayna Reum is currently the Payroll Tax & Garnishment Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching as she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference.
Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local Tax Subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments, Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.