Free Webinar : How to Perform a HIPAA Risk Assessment
Product id : IQW15C8446
How to Perform a HIPAA Risk Assessment
- : Jim Wener
- : Thursday, May 25, 2017 | 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
- Change Timezone
- : 60 Mins
- Why should you attend
- Areas covered
- Who will benefit
- First, both the HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations require a Risk Assessment for the organization to be HIPAA compliant.
- Second, as a result of the Risk Assessment, the organization knows where it needs to address its efforts to minimize its risk.
- Third, if a breach should occur, a Risk Assessment is a demonstration that the health care organization has used reasonable diligence and either eliminate fines or keep them to a minimum.
- Why is the risk assessment important to the health care organization and business associates?
- What is important to consider in doing a risk assessment?
- How to do a risk assessment?
- When to look for outside assistance?
- How to link your assessment to your training responsibilities?
- How to interpret the results of the risk assessment?
- What to do with the results of your assessment?
- Health Care Organization Owners
- Senior Management
- Healthcare Organization Compliance Officer
- Office Management
- Work staff
- Business Associates
Jim Wener has over 40 years of experience in assisting health care organizations – both providers and payers- in identifying their automation requirements and helping these organizations select and successfully implement the automation most applicable for their needs. Since 1996 he has been an active lecturer, trainer and HIPAA assessment consultant helping a variety of health care providers (hospitals, payers, clinics and individual physician practitioners) become HIPAA compliant. He developed the IBM HIPAA assessment and training products for their consulting practice. Mr. Wener is a certified HIPAA consultant and has authored articles regarding various topics on the subject. His HIPAA consulting practice offers comprehensive HIPAA privacy and security consulting tools, practice walkthrough assessment tools, a full set of HIPAA privacy and security policy and procedures templates, training presentations and a breach mitigation tool – all geared and used by small and large health care organizations.